Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just So You Know...

I know it's not like me to post two days in a row, but I thought I would let you in on some information I recently received. About a month or so ago, Tim noticed a mole on my ear that had never been there before. I went to the doctor, they removed it, and the test results for it showed that it was abnormal. In moles, this means the mole was very likely on its way to cancer, from what the doctor said. So I was then sent to a dermatologist b/c not all the cells were taken and they want to make sure they get them all, but since it is in such a weird spot, the scarring could be bad when they have to take more of it. The dermatologist feared he could not even take off more without bad scarring, so he is sending me to a plastic surgeon next Thursday. Anways, I say all that to say this- my dermatologist told me that we all need to be going to in once a year and getting all of our moles checked. I hadn't heard this until recently, but he agreed, and in fact, he gave me a check-up there and actually found one on my leg that looked suspicious and took it too. I am thankful that my possibly pre-cancerous mole was in a place Tim could notice. If it had not been, it could have been bad. So the check-ups at the dermatologist may not be a bad idea. Just thought I'd pass that info along. And since it's unlike me to have a post with more words than pictures of my sweet boy, here's a few from today...And for those of you know my husband well, check out McClain's eyebrows in that first pic- little Tim Bewley.









3 comments:

Varner said...

I will keep you in my prayers. I hope everything works out at the doctor. My mom is always telling me to get my moles checked, especially since melanoma (sp?) runs in my family. I guess I need to find a doctor!
Love the pics of your sweet boy. He is just a doll.
Thanks for the nice comments about my hubby! I wonder where Sarah saw him.

Alicia said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry it came back abnormal! It's a good thing you caught it early.

Good luck on renovations - we know how "fun" that can be :)

April Jackson said...

I had my moles checked last week actually. See you in almost a week!!