Well, today was full of ups and downs for the Sullivan's. Throughout the night, the doctors took Ruthie off of her breathing tube, and she only lasted about 15 minutes on her own before she stopped breathing again. However, since then she has had times that she has lasted a full hour without the tube, which is a tremendous blessing. We hope that is a sign of possible recovery. Her seizure activity has majorly slowed down as well- praise God.
Maddie is improving more and more by the minute. She has been moved to a less critical room (not quite a regular room yet, though), and tonight her Grandfather was even able to hold her and give her a bottle once they removed the feeding tube.
Tonight Ruthie was to have an MRI performed to check for a few things- one, is there some sort of brain abnormality that is causing her problems to still be present or even if part of her brain never fully developed before birth, and two, to see if the numerous breathing lapses and seizures have caused any permanent brain damage. The thought of any of these options makes my stomach turn. We will find out the results tomorrow.
I know that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us in prayer when we don't know what to say, and I am so thankful for that right now. It feels like you can't pray as "hard" as your heart feels like it wants to, and its almost painful. My prayers are such a mix between pleas for Maddie and Ruthie and thanksgiving for McClain's incredible health. I know God has great plans for these little girls, and I know he will reveal these plans all in due time. Please keep praying...
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can relate to that kind of prayer. Thanks for the update. We'll keep praying for the girls' complete recovery.
I will keep praying for those girls as well as the doctors taking care of her. Thanks for keeping us updated on them.
glad that there is a little good news from them. i'll definitely keep on praying. i simply can NOT imagine what those parents are going through. thank you for keeping up updated.
Post a Comment